View UC-HiPACC Summer School Points of Interest in a larger map
Dorm housing will provided (paid for by HiPACC) for check in Sunday, July 8th through check out Friday, July 20th. Saturday check out may be requested by emailing email@example.com. Attendees choosing HiPACC-provided lodging will be asked to share an apartment with (1-4) attendees. Participants will have their own private room with shared bathroom, kitchen and living space. Laundry facilities will be available for participants staying in the apartments. Hallmates will be assigned according to gender and by request. if you have any specific requests regarding your hallmates, please email Sue Grasso (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, June 8.
Check in/out for on-campus apartment housing is at Eleanor Roosevelt College (ERC) Student Activities Center (Conference Service Center). Check in is from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th. Check out is from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Friday, July 20th. In the event you arrive after 11 p.m. on July 8, or have difficulty finding where to check-in for your apartment, you can call 858.534.3811 to reach the on-call Manager for campus housing.
Please note that smoking is not permitted in or within 25 feet of any building at UCSD
Breakfast will be provided every morning from 8-9am at SDSC as well as an afternoon break/snack at 3pm.
Lunches will be held from 12-1:30pm at either the Bistro @ the Strand or the Great Hall in the International House (see map)
Note: Students are responsible for booking their own airline tickets. Lodging reservations (on campus only) will be made through the registration page.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed to you by check. Your check will be mailed to your home address. Please follow the instructions below to help speed up the process of your reimbursement.
1. Please fill out the first page of the Payee Setup Request Form (204 Form). Once completed, please print form, sign, and fax or mail as follows:
- Fax: (831) 459-5777
- Mail: University of California, Santa Cruz(UCSC), UC-HIPACC Office, MS: SCIPP, NS2 #337, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95064
- It is important that we receive your signed 204 Form. UCSC will not process any reimbursement without a completed 204 Form.
2. Foreign travelers only: Please bring a copy of your valid form I-94, and complete the Certification of Academic Activity. Once completed, return with your 204 Form as noted above.
3. Once your travel is completed, please complete the UCSC Post Travel Expense Form. Please enter transportation expenses that you are requesting reimbursement for, sign, and return via US Mail to:
- University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC), UC-HIPACC Office, MS: SCIPP, NS2 #337, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95064
4. UC-HIPACC will reimburse the following transportation expenses:
- Airfare: UCSC will only reimburse the cost of coach or economy class fare and American carrier flights.
- Taxi/Shuttle to/from the Airport.
- Private car mileage: UC mileage reimbursement rate is currently $0.555/mile. *Please contact the HIPACC office for pre-approval before driving at (831) 459-1531. Pre-approval is required for reimbursement of private car mileage.
Please submit original, itemized receipts, which clearly show the method of payment, for all expenses above. Expenses without accompanying receipts will not be reimbursed. Furthermore, the registration fee will is non-reimbursable.